The group accesses a very wide range of analysis facilities across the School of Chemical Engineering and Analytical Science, the School of Chemistry and the School of Materials. It has particularly strong expertise with surface analysis techniques and the study of surface reactions.
- Flow Microreactors
- Adsorption/Desorption Techniques (BET, TPD, TDS, TPR, IGA, Mercury Porosimetry)
- X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy (click here for more XPS links)
- Voltammetric Techniques
- Powder X-ray Diffraction
- Quadrupole Mass Spectrometry
- ICP MS
- High-Throughput Flow Reactor Arrays (coupled with in situ probing by mass spectrometry, X-ray techniques and Vis spectroscopy)
- Contact Angle Measurements
- High-Throughput Polarimetry
- Infrared Imaging of Reactor Arrays
We are part of the leadership team for the Versatile Soft X-ray Spectroscopy Beamline Project, which would be the first soft X-ray spectroscopy facility in the UK for the characterisation of liquids, soft matter and organic solids under control of environmental conditions.